The Zenhaven mattress doesn’t just have a fancy name. This mattress integrates natural latex into its soft core, allowing for great body contouring with astronomical comfort levels. Apart from the regular stuff, the Zenhaven also uses wool as an outer cover, creating a softer and drier bedding to sleep on.
The mattress also has a number of health benefits, such as being hypoallergenic and flame retardant. The breathable fabric imitates zero gravity for sleeping in the clouds! Now no need to count the sheep anymore, as the Zenhaven will have you fast asleep before you even get to ten!
Key Features and Characteristics
- Cotton-based top cover that feels cool, smooth and breathable.
- Sewn shut with a layer of organic New Zealand wool on either side that provides moisture wicking, cooling, comfort and The woolen layer is also flame retardant, making it safe and perfectly healthy.
- 5 inches of 5-zone latex layer made of 100% pure American Talalay latex, providing excellent body contouring, comfort, spinal support, and resistance to wear.
- Luxury Plush base with 4 to 5 firmness rating, allowing for a softer base to sink
- Gentle Firm base with 7 to 8 firmness rating, for added support and resilience.
- Both the bases are present in the same mattress and can be switched by flipping the mattress over.
- Resistant to microbes, bacteria, fungi, mold spores, allergens, pollens, dust mites, bed bugs, termites, and many more.
- A wonderful 20-year warrant and 120-day free trial.
|Editor’s Rating: 9.2|
|Quick Summary: The main comfort layer of the Zenhaven isn’t made of regular foam it incorporates the bouncy appeal of latex with the soft aery technology of varying density. Quilted cover is made from a 100% pure cotton proven to be breathable, moisture and bacteria resistant, and will surely inhibit the growth of microbes and molds spores. We recommend this made in USA mattress from all natural components based on in-depth research.|
|Durability||Latex mattresses are generally more durable and resistant than regular memory foam mattresses.||9.1||Will last for years to come.|
|Motion Isolation||5-Zone Latex technology helps relieve pressure and isolate motion.||9.0||Ten times better than memory foam.|
|Cooling Technology||Breathable fabric and pinholes in the comfort layers come together to regulate heat.||8.7||Can be equally compared to gel memory foam.|
|Security||Flame-retardant.||7.6||Wool is said to retard flames, though its authenticity is yet to be tested.|
|Firmness||Two in one firmness: both plush and firm mattresses squeezed into one.||9.8||A truly unique and amazing concept.|
|Health Effects||Does not produce any health effects; free from chemicals.||9.7||100% organic.|
|Off-Gassing||No off-gassing.||9.8||Most memory foams off-gas, so this is the better option.|
|Warranty||20-year warranty.||9.7||Great lifespan, but not more than other brands.|
Construction of the Zenhaven Mattress
The Zenhaven Bed is made up of a single outer covering of cotton, a comfort layer of fire-resistant wool, another comfort layer of Talalay latex, and two bases of latex with opposing firmness. The overall design and architecture make the Zenhaven the perfect addition to your home.
Cotton Quilt Covering
The Zenhaven features a quilted covering over all of its mattresses which is made from a hundred percent pure cotton extracted safely from closely managed forests. This not only makes the covering eco-friendly, but also ensures that the product is made from the most professional and premium material. The covering has been proven to be breathable, moisture and bacteria resistant, and will surely inhibit the growth of microbes and molds spores.
Flame-Retardant Wool Layer
Under the plushly quilted cotton layer lies a single inch of the best wool in existence. The wool comfort layer is made from natural wool (free from all sorts of chemicals) which is not only strong and firm but also plush and soft.
The woolen comfort layer not only provides ease and gratification, but is also flame retardant. This means that even if your entire house catches fire, the Zenhaven will be pulled out perfectly fine.
5-Zone Latex Comfort Layer
The main comfort layer of the Zenhaven isn’t made of regular foam or even memory foam. Instead, it incorporates the bouncy appeal of latex with the soft aery technology of varying density. The 5-zone latex layer has been integrated with pinholes of varying size and density, allowing the user to enjoy support under their torso and shoulders and to just sink in everywhere else.
Luxury Plush Support Base
There are two support bases in the Zenhaven. The Luxury Plush support base uses the same technology and material as the latex layer (American Talalay latex). The pinholes are more subtle and softer in this layer, allowing it to lie somewhere between 4 and 5 in the firmness spectrum. But don’t let the numbers fool you. Because over 80 percent of all customers end up buying the Luxury Plush layer. This layer feels soft and smooth at the surface, but at its core it provides support and assistance, albeit a bit less.
Gentle Firm Support Base
The Gentle Firm support base has a firmness rating between 7 and 8. It also uses 3 inches of Talalay latex, but this time the technology is used to provide support and more density, creating a more supportive and firmer surface. This means that the Gentle Firm is perfect for those who love to sleep with added spinal support. So forget about putting a cushion under your lower back, because this bed will do the job for you!
Unlike most mattresses which heavily rely on memory foam gel to produce coolness, the Zenhaven has its very own engineered mattress to uphold that principle. You see, in this mattress, the main comfort and support layers have an overwhelming number of pinholes. These pinholes are able to conduct air and pressure from the surface and let it pass through your entire form, keeping your mattress as firm as possible, while also allowing you to enjoy a cool peaceful night.
Measurements and Weights
Zenhaven reduces a number of obstacles in our way due to its great scientific expertise and underlying technology. The biggest obstacle is the motion transfer from one body to another.
The extra dense and technologically advanced 5-zone latex layer helps in isolating motion from other bodies on the bed, which means that your partner can shift sides as much as they want, while you sleep peacefully!
The Zenhaven is Recommended for All Types of Sleepers!
While we found that most mattresses are only good for side or back sleepers, it made our jaws gape in awe when we discovered that the Zenhaven mattress can work in any sleeping position.
More specifically, we recommend the Zenhaven more for back sleepers, as the intricate design of the pinholes of the latex layer has been engineered to provide support for the chest and shoulders.
The Zenhaven is a daughter project of Saatva mattresses, one of the biggest known e-commerce and mattress selling agencies in the US. The Saatva headquarters themselves are in New York, and they only deliver within the United States, so if you’re from there then you’re in luck!
Better Edge Support
The Zenhaven is not only firm and supportive at the center, but maintains the same level of comfort and firmness all throughout the mattress, even at the edges. This makes sure that the bed does not sag or lose weight and density over time, giving it a plush and new appearance.
Why is Zenhaven a Healthy Choice?
62 % users reported improvement in sleep quality while sleeping on a new mattress in a research conducted by Oklahoma State University.
So you may be wondering how Zenhaven is healthy, therapeutic and improves sleep quality. Well the answers are a bit too simple:
- The Zenhaven uses natural cotton, wool and latex extracted from carefully supervised forests and farms, making the mattress entirely natural and free from all chemicals and additives.
- It is also made to be resistant to microbes, allergens, pollen, mold spores, and insects to name a few.
- The woolen layer is flame retardant and will prevent most hazards from spreading.
Works On All Bases!
We’ve worked with only a few mattresses which claimed to work on all bases, and only a fraction that lived up to that promise. But Zenhaven was definitely one peculiar brand. Although it is highly recommended that the foundations provided separately for Zenhaven be purchased, almost any foundation will work. Currently we only have proof for box springs and innerspring, although other foundations seem to work just fine.
Trials, Delivery, and Warranties
The Zenhaven provides some of the best trials and delivery options we have ever seen, although a lot of brands are starting to catch up.
- The trial period lasts for 120 nights, and promises a full refund and exchange starting from the day of delivery. Transportation fee is not accommodated for, and the customers have to pay for that, though it is minimal.
- The delivery can take up to 12 days or more depending on your location and ZIP code. However, they do provide free shipping and setup of the mattress including the frame, so the wait is definitely worth it.
- The warranty lasts for 20 years, although we aren’t certain of the exact nature and term of the warranty policy,
- Want a product made from 100% pure organic material, which is both hypoallergenic and resistant to mold.
- Are a back or stomach sleeper and want to make the most of the 5-zone latex comfort layer.
- Are a side sleeper who loves to sink into the bed.
- Want a 2-in-1 product which is both soft and firm.
- Want optimal support while sleeping on your side.
- Want a uniform firmness throughout the mattress.
Whether it’s on your side or on your back, the Zenhaven mattress creates the perfect sleeping environment for dreams as sweet as milk and honey! You know very well that this is the right choice for you. With exceptional pressure relief and a most extraordinary latex form, the Zenhaven exceeds all of our expectations, and we just can’t wait to see what other things Saatva has in store for us!