Pregnancy and comfy sleep are two opposite things. With the growing bump and other enormous changes, your body just doesn’t let you sleep comfortably. In the time, when getting good quality sleep is extremely important, it’s better to take some assistance from best pregnancy pillows. They provide good support to your different body parts and give relief from aches. The comfortable sleep you will get in the result will put a very positive impact on your unborn baby’s growth.
Are you looking for such a supportive companion? Then read on! Our post aims to provide a guide with the reviews of top 5 pregnancy pillows.
|Pregnancy Pillow Brand||Best for||Size||Weight||Cover Material||Our Rating|
|Queen Rose||Comfy feel||55”x31”x7.8”||6.53||100% Cotton||4.7/5|
|Pharmedoc||Multi – uses||57”x30”x7”||7||100% Cotton||4.9/5|
|Bluestone||Contouring body shape||60”x38”x7”||7.25||100% Cotton||4.8/5|
Types of Pregnancy Pillows
There are different types of pregnancy pillows each serves its purpose differently. In the below table, you will see these types and their pros and cons:
Pregnancy Wedge vs. Full-Length vs. C-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow vs. U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
Pregnancy Wedge Pillow
Straight Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow
Flexible Full-Length Pregnancy Pillow
C-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
U-Shaped Pregnancy Pillow
||o They are too bulky to handle easily
Guide to Buying a pregnancy pillow for Maternity
Different aspects need your attention while buying a pregnancy pillow. Always check these factors before making a final purchase:
The material of anything you use during pregnancy matters. It is because pregnancy makes you sensitive for different fibers and fillings. Usually, for pregnancy pillows, you can get Polyester, cotton, or a combination of both. All are good for pregnant ladies. However, cotton is going to keep you cool because of its breathability.
You should also check the filling material. Different materials like memory foam, Styrofoam ball, polyester fiber, organic, or micro-bead filling can be used. However, it is better to have chemical free and safe material.
Also, make sure to have a removable and washable cover. It is because cleanliness is even more critical during pregnancy.
It is essential for your pregnancy pillow to offer the right amount of warmth. Your pillow is expected to provide head support like a regular pillow and help to other major parts like back, legs, shoulders, and others. Among all, the back support is mainly crucial for pregnant ladies due to ongoing back pain.
The pillow you choose shouldn’t be too soft to make you sink inside. It would otherwise make it very hard for you to move out of it. It should also be not very hard or firm to not let you sleep comfortably.
A right mixture of comfort and support is what you should look for in a pregnancy pillow.
You can find numerous designs for pregnancy pillows. Different shapes like U, C, horseshoe, and others are available for full body pregnancy pillows. You can pick anything you like according to your needs and choice. If you are looking for some lightweight and portable option, then there are wedge-shaped pillows available too. They are small in size and provide support to any one part of your body.
Full body pillows are recommended because they provide support from your head to toe.
Pregnancy is the time where you have to purchase loads of stuff besides doctor’s fees and other stuff. At this point, you start prioritizing things according to your budget.
So, for a pregnancy pillow, you should keep a good part of your budget. Unlike the name, it is not going to serve you for the pregnancy period only. Instead, they can be used later on as well. You can use it for nursing your baby along with carrying your baby.
However, its use doesn’t stop here too. These pillows are entirely supportive of ordinary people as well. Therefore, it is wise to invest once in getting long-lasting benefits.
What is the recommended sleeping position during pregnancy?
During pregnancy, the recommended sleeping position is SOS (Sleep on Side). Among all other postures, only side sleeping one can provide significant relief from many different pregnancy problems. Few also recommend sleeping on the left side only. It is because resting on the left allows more blood to reach the fetus that means more nutrients and growth. However, there is no definite confirmation on which side is precisely better.
Quick Fact: 78% of women feel disturbed sleep during pregnancy
Can I sleep on my stomach with the pregnancy pillow supporting my bump?
Sleeping becomes very critical during pregnancy. Therefore, you should take extreme care of whatever position you select. It is in return going to affect you and your baby in the long run. Many ladies tend to sleep slightly on their stomach. However, sleeping this way will put some weight on your belly that is not safe. Also, it is not going to make you feel comfortable too.
That’s why it is better to avoid this position. But yes, you can tilt your upper body a bit while keeping your belly in a safe posture.
Can I use my regular people as a pregnancy pillow?
Most of the pregnant and nursing women around us think they can use standard pillows as a pregnancy or nursing pillow. Many also use them as well. However, let us tell you, your regular pillow is not going to serve you the complete job. No doubt, you can get a bit of comfort and support from here too. But, the one manufactured specially to provide support for this critical period can make some difference. In a few cases, you even elevate the pain by using wrong type’s cushions and pillows for support.
Compare & Review – 5 Best Pregnancy Pillows
1. Queen Rose Full Body Pregnancy Pillow – Best For Comfy Feel
- 100% cotton cover
- Cooling effects
- Exclusive Bionic Polyethylene filling
- Available in U shape
- Comes with 30-days refund or exchange guarantee
- Zipped flowered cover
- Contains machine washable cover
The cotton material construction makes it perfectly suitable for expectant mothers who need to avoid chemicals around them. Its pure material is safe for unborn baby and mother. Also, with the fluffy stuff, it gives excellent soft and comfortable feel. It is a characteristic that can help pregnant ladies to sleep peacefully.
This Queen Rose Pregnancy Pillow is made up of pure cotton. With its natural material, it gives allergy free, plush and comfortable feel along with the support. This large pillow runs down your body and provides relief to all vital parts. Because of its large size, you can use it for several other purposes besides pregnancy.
- With its pure cotton material, it is safe and healthy to use.
- With its U-shape, it gives support to the back, head, legs, and to belly bump as well.
- Its machine washable cover makes it easy for you to clean it.
- With its exceeding soft feel, it gives comfort to the user.
- You might feel it very hard to put its cover back after washing
- It is not suitable for those looking for a firm pillow
2. Pharmedoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow – Best For Multiple Uses
- Comes in C-shape
- It delivers support with comfort
- Contains Premium polyfill material
- 100% cotton cover
- The double-stitched seam on cover
- Hypoallergenic and chemical free
- Gives 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
- 30 days trial period
This pillow contains good quality filling along with pure and soft cotton cover. These filings provide a right combination of comfort with support. This feature is particularly essential for pregnant ladies. It helps them to sleep comfortably while getting rid of different aches.
This PharMeDoc Full Body Pregnancy Pillow comes in a C shape. It provides a great blending of comfort and support. It also possesses pure cotton material to interact directly with your body. This chemical-free pillow is preferable for those going through a sensitive period like pregnancy.
- Because of its filling material, it gives the right amount of support and comfort.
- You can use it for multiple purposes because of its shape.
- With its double-stitch seam, it gives durability.
- Its machine washable cover with zipper makes its maintenance more manageable.
- Not meant for those looking for super soft pillows
- The pillowcase might not serve you for the extended time.
3. Bluestone Pregnancy Pillow – Best For Contouring Body Shape
- Outer cover made up of cotton
- Inner cover manufactured polypropylene
- Contains Polyester Hollow Fiber filling
- Comes with an hourglass-like curves
- Machine washable cover with zipper
- Contains U-Shape
- Able to adjust to different shapes
- Large sized
- Gives guaranteed satisfaction
This BluestonePregnancy Pillow is quite large and includes specialized curves on the inner side. Moreover, its hypoallergenic properties make it entirely safe for patients, kids, babies, and expectant mothers. This long pillow is also able to be adjusted in different shapes. It benefits users to utilize it while watching TV, reading the novel, or nursing baby.
- It’s pure cotton outer cover makes it safe to interact with the sleeper body
- Its hour-glass curves provide great contouring effects to your body.
- Its large size provides support to your body from head to toe.
- You can change its position according to your use.
- It doesn’t offer much firmness
- It might get flat on applying heavyweight
4. Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow – Best For Portability
- Comes with a carry bag
- CertiPUR-US certified
- One side contains memory foam, and the other side comprises firm foam
- Comes with small perforated holes
- Removable and washable cover
- The cover is manufactured using soft velboa fabric
- Comes with a lifetime guarantee
- Free of dangerous chemicals.
This pillow is different from others because of its small size. It contains memory foam on one side and other firm foam on the other. It provides various firmness levels. In this way, it can fulfill the changing requirements of the pregnant woman’s body.
It is free from dangerous chemicals and elements like mercury, lead, formaldehyde, and others. Therefore, expectant mothers can use it without worrying about the well being of their unborn baby.
This Hiccapop Pregnancy Pillow is a wedge pillow. It’s both sides give a different type of firmness and feel. With this attribute, it can go well with the changing requirements of pregnant ladies. It is free of hazardous chemicals and allows proper ventilation.
- Its ventilation assists in sleeping cool
- With multiple firmnesses, it adapts to the changing pregnancy requirements
- It is made up of healthy and safe material
- This pillow is CertiPUR-US certified.
- The pillow is easy to clean
- It is highly portable
- It gives support to only one part of your body.
5. Leachco Snoogle Mini Pregnancy Pillow – Best For Firmness
- Removable and washable cover
- Compact sized
- Contours the natural body shape
- Comes in the shape of a horseshoe
- Its small size doesn’t take much space on your bed
- With its manageable size, you can later use it as a nursing pillow effortlessly
- It is suitable for other heavy sleepers too other than pregnant ladies.
- Many people might feel the problem with its small size.
- Feels too firm to some users.
Pregnancy is an essential part of a woman’s life. It is like going through countless changes in just nine months. All these changes make expecting mothers extraordinarily restless and exhausted. Furthermore, despite having the urge to sleep, they cannot get requisite sleep due to never-ending back, leg, shoulders, and other aches. In this condition, pregnancy pillow can genuinely help in resting peacefully.
Understanding its importance, in this write-up, we have reviewed top 5 pregnancy pillows. While going through the reviews, you can see different products specialize in specific attributes or features. Therefore, to choose the right product, you need to prioritize your requirements first. We hope you will be able to choose the right pregnancy pillow for you.