Are you in a tight budget to buy the new mattress? Find out the 5 best mattress under 500 in this article with all your requirements.
Mattresses are one of the most critical factors in almost everybody’s lives these days. They are a strong foundation to ensure that people get comfortable to sleep so that they can have a better day. So far, you might have searched for the mattress that is very expensive. Our article is dedicated to showing you the best mattress under $500. We’ll show mattresses do not necessarily have to be costly to perform well.
Stick around to take a look at the many other details that we tell you including the essential features to have in mattresses under your budget and check out our product reviews.
Is a mattress under $500 worth it?
Since mattresses are so expensive, it is natural that this question may haunt you. The answer to it is very subjective. They are worth it but if you get the right one by focusing on the essential features and the quality. There are factors that you will find missing, but you get to decide which ones you want and which ones you want to leave out.
Keep in mind that you will not get luxury mattresses and you will for sure have to compromise on something, so you will have to set your priorities to find the one that is worth the money.
Compromised Features in $500 mattresses
|Compromised features||What they do||What is the alternate|
|Hybrid||It is a mixture of two or more foam types which helps users in getting the best of all foams||Getting one foam type which works in your favor entirely|
|Sleep cool||The feature helps in fighting off body heat which eventually helps in cool sleeping.||Sleeping in a breathable mattress and a more temperature regulated room can help|
|Hypoallergenic||It does not entertain bacteria or allergens in the mattress||A cheap mattress cover can help sensitive people|
|Waterproof mattress||Helps fight against children who bed wet and helps keep the mattress safe in case of spills||A mattress cover can be used|
You may be like to read our full review of The Best Cheap Mattress.
What should you look for in a $500 mattress?
As mentioned earlier, to make the best out a $500 mattress, you will have to make sure that your priorities are set. The following are a few things that we will have to look for in $500 mattresses to make it the best.
Material and Quality
It is pronounced that no matter how much you spend on your mattress you would want it to be durable; hence, there no compromising on the material and the quality of the mattress. To make sure that your mattress is excellent on quality and material check if it has CertiPUR certification. CertiPUR guarantees the content, performance, and quality of the mattress.
Durability and Lifespan
A study on common households suggests that a good mattress should last for up to 10 years at an average. The Journal of sleep disorders and therapy indicates that it should be at least changed every 5 to 7 years for better quality. Check the durability by inquiring about the base foam. The plush mattress of lousy quality tends to sag faster so keep that in mind.
An off-gassing mattress is a great deal of harm to your family and the environment. Organic textiles mention how off-gassing does not end with time instead it gets into the air and becomes more toxic. According to the same source, it can disrupt the levels of hormones, can affect your brain functioning, and even reduce fertility in both men and women. Hence, getting organic or natural materials in your mattress should be the target. However, if they are not under budget, then try to find mattresses that use the most natural materials and do not have any off-gassing.
Dr. Shreedhar Archik, an orthopedic writes after conducting extensive research that medium-firm mattresses are the best firmness in a mattress. They are neutral and help people of all kinds of weights and back problems to benefit from it.
The thickness of the mattress is according to the various layers. Ideally, 8 inches or more is a suitable match for you. These 8 inches can be of multiple layers or only one layer.
You may be want to know more about Top Rated Mattress Brands.
Compare & Review – Best Mattress Under $500
|Product Name||Best for||Foam||Sleep Cool||CertiPUR approval|
|Signature Sleep Mattress||Eliminating motion transfer||Memory foam||No||Yes|
|Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam||Pressure relief||Memory foam||No||Yes|
|Linenspa Hybrid Mattress||Comfortable sleep||Innerspring/memory foam||No||No|
|Live and Sleep Resort Classic||Hypoallergenic||Airflow induced pure Visco||Yes||Yes|
|Dynasty Mattress||Sleeping Cool||Gel memory foam||Yes||Yes|
1. Signature Sleep Mattress – Best for motion isolation
- 4 inches of memory foam
- High-density base layer
- CertiPUR approved
- Soft and breathable cover
- Made without flame retardants
The mattress uses 4 inches of memory foam as its main foam. The memory foam adapts to the body shape and the pressure relief works accordingly. This feature also allows people of all weights and sizes to enjoy the comfort of a mattress.
The signature sleep mattress is an eco-friendly mattress that holds plenty of features. One of the greatest is that it does not ruin your health and the environment. The mattress does help in motion isolation and is a good choice for couples.
- The cover is highly breathable and soft.
- The mattress uses memory foam to allow the users to get their personalized shape and work the pressure relief accordingly.
- The base high-density foam allows the mattress to stay together in place and keep the mattress durable.
- The mattress is approved of CertiPUR.
- The mattress off-gasses for a long time.
2. Zinus Ultima Comfort – Best for pressure relieving
You can learn more about materials and comfort levels in our in-depth overview of Zinus mattress.
- High-density base foam
- 3 inches of memory foam
- 3 inches of pressure-relieving foam
- CertiPUR approved
The Zinus Ultima uses Biofoam as its main foam that allows the mattress to take shape and the depth sleeper is exerting and operates in a personalized manner. This feature eventually will enable sleepers to sleep in their favorite position without worrying about support.
Zinus Ultima mattress has a high-density base foam that works wonders. The base foam helps in keeping the mattress together and increases its life. It also prevents the mattress from sagging early.
- There is a rare pressure-relieving comfort foam to give you more support.
- Memory foam allows all types of sleepers to enjoy all positions while the mattress contours their shape.
- Biofoam is used to replace petroleum with natural oil to make it eco-friendly.
- The mattress is approved from CertiPUR.
- The mattress does not have cool sleeping properties.
- It does not isolate motion.
3. Linenspa Hybrid Mattress – Best for comfortable sleep
- Memory foam layer
- Innerspring layer
- Motion isolating
- Quilted soft knit fabric cover
- 5 layer of foam before the cover
The mattress hosts the memory foam layer over the innerspring layer. Memory foam contours the body shape of the sleeper and decides the depth that the sleeper takes in and uses that to work with the pressure-relieving foam to provide ample support.
The Linenspa is a hybrid mattress made with the exceptional qualities of memory foam and innerspring together. Hybrid mattresses are generally very expensive, so one under $500 is a deal to swear by.
- Innerspring foam is used to control the motion transfer making it highly suitable for couples.
- Memory foam and pressure relief foam works to provide support.
- The firmness is a medium feel which makes it ideal for almost everyone in every position.
- The top cover is knitted fabric quilted which is highly soft and comfortable to enhance the feelings.
- The mattress does not sleep cool at all.
- It is not hypoallergenic.
4. Live and Sleep Resort Classic – Best for hypoallergenic
- Flex thread textile cover
- Breathable and cool
- Airflow induced pure Visco Foam
- High-density support base
- Environmentally friendly
One of the most significant traits is that this mattress does not use cheap foam; it uses airflow induced pure Visco foam that stays cool and offers you good support. The foam allows you to have the personalized contour on the mattress and get support according to the specific body shape.
The Live and Sleep resort standard mattress has one of the softest covers made with flex thread textile. This material is easy to remove and easy to wash, making your mattress a better convenience for you to maintain.
- The mattress is made eco-friendly and is approved by many listings for its quality and content.
- It does not use traditional foam. Instead, it used airflow induced Visco foam for support.
- The mattress is highly breathable and cool which allows the sleeper to sleep in peace all night.
- The mattress is made especially supportive to people that have backache problems.
- This mattress is designed to be extra plush which may not suit everyone.
5. Dynasty Mattress – Best for Sleeping Cool
- Fire-resistant cover
- Removable and washable cover
- Gel memory foam
- CertiPUR approved
- Air cool airflow foam base layer
Gel memory foam is the goodness of the support of memory foam with infused gel to make it cool and fight off anybody and external heat at night; thus allowing a cool sleeping experience and not waking up all sweaty.
The Dynasty Mattress uses expensive gel memory foam. The cover materials of this mattress comprise a fire barrier for safety, and it is easy to wash by removing it.
- Gel memory foam provides excellent support.
- The cover is removable, washable, and resistant to fire making it very safe and clean.
- The base layer is the air cool airflow high-density foam which keeps the mattress tied together, durable, and helps further fight off bodily heat.
- The mattress is approved by CertiPUR making its content and quality guaranteed.
- This mattress or its cover does not have hypoallergenic properties.
You may be interested in How to choose a Mattress fit for You?
Our product reviews are designed in detail to assist you in finding the best ones on the market. You can also get a better idea with them and compare the prices. You might have found out that you do not necessarily have to get a mattress is very expensive. Once you set your priorities and decide on the features that you need for comfortable sleep, you will find the best mattress under $500.