On average, an individual sleeps approximately 8 hours in his/her bed on a daily basis which comprises about one-third of their lifetime. Now sleeping is not the only thing you do in your bed. Some people like to watch TV while sitting on the bed, some people read books and of course, how can you forget about those intimate moments that you spend with your beloved partner.
Sex is one of the erotic activities that you do on your mattress beside sleeping. Mattresses play a significant role in allowing you to have good sex. They have a close link with each other. Lack of sleep also caused a non-existent sex drive as per study conduct in 2007. Of course, after having sex most people go to sleep. Therefore, your mattress should be not only good for sex but for sleep as well.
We have developed this guide about top 7 mattresses for sex for your convenience. So let’s get into it, shall we!
Most people think that memory foam mattresses are best for sex. However, more than 60% memory foam owners say that their mattress is better than average for this activity. It is more about your own needs and requirements and even about the sex positions that you prefer as well.
Which type of the mattress is best for sex?
|Response||Good to Excellent||Poor to Fair||Fair to Good|
|Bounce||Good to Excellent||Poor to Fair||Fair to Good|
|Comfort Level||Fair to Good||Good to Excellent||Good to Excellent|
|Conformance||Good to Excellent||Fair to Good||Fair to Good|
|Noise||Poor to Fair||Good to Excellent||Good to Excellent|
|Temperature Regulation||Good to Excellent||Poor to Fair||Fair to Good|
|Durability & Longevity||Poor to Fair||Good to Excellent||Good to Excellent|
|Edge to Edge Support||Good to Excellent||Poor to Fair||Poor to Fair|
|Machine Washable||Poor to Fair||Poor to Fair||Poor to Fair|
|Overall Rating for Sex||Good to Excellent||Fair to Good||Fair to Good|
One mattress type is not suitable for all couples because each person has different needs and preferences. Some people prefer latex over all other options while others go for innerspring. There are many subjective factors associated with the mattress types. We will discuss each of these primary types and leave the decision up to you.
An innerspring mattress is made using polyfoam comfort layers along with open-coils in the base support layers. Some manufacturers also include more than one memory foam layers to enhance the comfort factor for the users.
- Innersprings provide excellent traction, and it boosts the sensations during the climax.
- These mattresses provide improved responsiveness which allows you to change your positions comfortably.
- These mattresses are very bouncy and assist you well during sex.
- Most of these beds provide you with excellent edge support.
- Innersprings are not very expensive.
- These mattresses are very noisy as they have coils and wires in them.
- When it comes to durability, innersprings are not your most preferred option.
- There are not many pressure relief and conformance features in innersprings.
The mattresses that come with many layers of memory or polyfoam in their comfort system fall within this category. You can also opt for the specially designed memory foam that is copper or gel-infused.
- Foams tend to conform to your body, and they emphasize on your pressure points. It makes them suitable for sex.
- These mattresses don’t make any noise, and you can enjoy a more discreet pleasure.
- It is also one of the least priced mattresses that you can find on the market.
- The high-density memory foams are very slow to respond and not ideal for sex.
- These mattresses do conform but don’t offer too much traction as compared to the innersprings.
- Foam mattresses don’t offer any bounce.
- The high-dense variants are not very breathable and tend to retain heat from your body which makes you feel hot especially during high physical activity like sex.
- These mattresses don’t come with an edge to edge support.
Latex is derived from the rubber trees, and it is baked and cooled to form a substance that is used in the productions of a mattress. These mattresses have a layer of latex in the comfort system, and you might also find memory foam and polyfoam layers and after that comes the support core which is made of high-density latex or polyfoam.
- Latex beds don’t make any noise, and they are your ideal option if you want to enjoy the discreet sexual activity.
- These mattresses are made to conform, and they contour your body shape. It is instrumental in pressure relieving.
- Latex beds are among the most durable of all the mattresses and come with an average lifespan of eight to ten years.
- Latex is a little better than memory foam when it comes to responsiveness but not better than the rapid response of innersprings.
- These beds emphasize the idea of motion isolation and don’t aim at bounce much.
- Most of these mattresses don’t offer any traction and are somewhat better in conformance.
- Latex doesn’t offer much edge support because they have foam based obstruction and cores.
Buying guide – What to look for in mattress for sex?
Responsiveness means that how fast a mattress can adjust according to the shape of your body. The bed that is highly responsive provides you with a stable surface. The mattresses that are not very stable don’t offer much response as well, and you might have that sinking sensation too. During sex, this sinking sensation might not be delightful, and you may also feel stuck within your bed. For a sexual activity, you should opt for a highly responsive mattress so that you can change your positions as well.
Bounciness is the rebound with a consistent rhythm, and it can contribute a lot in sexual satisfaction according to numerous couples. Here you need to understand the mattresses that offer high motion isolation tend to provide a low bounce. Some of the best mattresses for couples come with motion isolation features, but they don’t offer much bounce either.
A comfortable mattress is critical for every user because of the strain on the back during the lying posture. Some mattresses conform more as compared to others and focus on the pressure points such as hips, shoulders, neck and various other sensitive body parts. The beds that don’t conform don’t offer an excellent level of pressure-relieving comfort.
The innerspring mattresses are the noisiest of them all because they come with coils, springs, and wires made of metal. These components make the squeaking noise during sex or when pressure is applied to them. The foams and latex are very quiet during such activities and in general as well.
- Temperature neutrality
Some mattresses are made of materials that tend to retain heat emitted by your body. It makes the surface of the bed very uncomfortable for doing anything, let alone doing sex. The mattresses that disperse body heat elsewhere are better suited for sex. In this scenario, an innerspring, and latex are your best option.
- Edge support
Some beds are specifically designed to offer maximum edge support and lower the amount of sinking sensation at the edge of the mattress. The companies improve this feature with foam encasements around the base layer, and they can also go for low-gauged coils as well. Foams and latex don’t provide much edge to edge support, but innersprings are better than them.
Interesting info: 1 in 4 married couples prefer to sleep in separate beds.
Compare & Review – Top 7 Best Mattress For Sex
|Mattress Brands||Ideal for||Trial Nights||Warranty||Materials||Certification|
|Leesa Mattress||Luxury||100||10-year||Memory Foam||CertiPUR-US|
|Saatva Mattress||Lower back pain||120||15-year||Innerspring||CertiPUR-US|
|The Helix Mattress||Customization||100||10-year||Hybrid||CertiPUR-US|
|The New Purple Mattress||Pressure points||100||10-year||Polyfoam|
|Brooklyn Aurora||Sleeping cooling||120||10-year||Hybrid||CertiPUR-US|
1. WinkBeds – Best for Heavyweight couples
- Innerspring contouring
- Temperature regulation
- Approved by CertiPUR-US
- Customized firmness option
If you want to enjoy your love moments and don’t want to compromise on sleep as well, then the 14.5-inch thick WinkBed mattress is best for you. The company specifically designed it for those people who want coolness, comfort, and breathability sleep and don’t feel hot and sweaty during sex.
The WinkBed mattress is a luxury hybrid model, and it features TENCEL Technology that improves temperature regulation of the mattress and allows you to enjoy your intimate moments sweat-free and also enables you to sleep cool at night.
- You can customize the firmness level as per your needs
- The WinkBed mattresses are highly breathable
- Due to innersprings, the mattress provides excellent bounce during sex
- It offers high durability and longevity
- The top layer is covered with botanical-based fabric and is hypoallergenic
- It is excellent for bulky people too
- It doesn’t support lower back correctly after some time
- It might be too firm for some users
2. Nest Bedding – Best for Durability
- Thermal phase change cooling fabric
- Edge support system
- Different firmness levels
- Cooling copper infused memory foam
The Alexander Hybrid mattress is best for you because Nest Bedding wrapped it with a combination of the high-quality coil that provides you with extra edge support and innovative copper infusion in the foam layer helps in regulating the body temperature in all seasons.
The hybrid mattress is made of high-quality materials and the layers ensure excellent edge support. This system gives you a movement-free sleeping surface as well as provides perfect support for you back. Therefore, you and your partner can enjoy sleep together.
- Hybrid mattress provides you a combination of edge support and comfort
- The Alexander hybrid mattress is available in three different firmness level
- The plush of this mattress works well during sex.
- The cooling copper-infused memory foam keeps you cool while you are on it.
- It might be a little too hard for some people during sex
- This mattress doesn’t provide enough support to your back in the long run.
3. Leesa – Best for Luxury
- Approved by CertiPUR-US
- Three premium quality foam layers
- For all type of sleepers
The Leesa Mattress is cooling, body contouring and a pressure-relieving bed that offers excellent core support to your body during sex as well as sleep. It doesn’t allow your body to get hot and sweaty either during sex or sleep.
The company has designed this mattress for all types of sleeper whether you like to sleep on your sides, back, or stomach. Moreover, it provides better support to your body during sex and balances out your body temperature too.
- This mattress is equipped with three premium foam
- It is available in different sizes that range from Twin to California King
- Leesa mattress works well to regulate the body temperature during sleep
- It provides the bounce that is suitable for sexual activities
- This mattress is not suitable for those who are suffering from backbone issues
4. Saatva – Best for lower back pain
- CertiPUR-US approved
- Excellent lumbar support
- Dual parameter edge system
- Support coil-on-coil system
- Lumbar support enhancement
If you are suffering from issues associated with lower back pain and looking for the best mattress for having sex and enjoying a comfortable sleep, then the Saatva mattress is an excellent choice for you. As it is made of top-quality memory foam, it helps in aligning your lower back properly along with added comfort.
This best quality memory foam comes with lumbar support enhancement. It provides extra pressure relief and cuts the stress level of specific body areas like hips and shoulders. By using this mattress, you can enjoy a long-lasting comfort with your partner, and you can experiment with different type of sex positions on it as well.
- The memory foam comes with a pressure relief system
- Its top layer is covered with highly breathable organic cotton
- Individual coils are wrapped in the top portion in this mattress
- It gives an excellent support edge system
- The mattress offers proper body alignment during sex
- The coils system of this mattress is not very durable
5. Helix – Best for Customization
- Very strong and sturdy
- Customizable mattress
- Two-sides comfort
- CertiPUR-US approved
Helix mattress will not only allow you to share your love with your partner but also enable you to cuddle as much as you want. You can change its density and layering according to your needs and enjoy erotic moments and calmer sleep.
Helix mattress also differs from its rivals with its dual comfort mattress technology that makes it an ideal option for couples to have sex. The particular layers work to improve airflow that keeps the bed cool and controls your body temperature either during sex or sleep.
- It is equipped with Helix Dynamic foam, Pocketed Micro-coils and High-Grade Polyfoam that work in the tendon to provide a complete system of support and comfort.
- You can customize your mattress according to your requirements
- The mattress has high breathability
- It offers maximum temperature regulation.
- Its durability might become an issue in the long run
6. Purple – Best for pressure points
- Pressure point relief
- Highly durable
- Temperature regulation
- CertiPUR-US approved
- Hypoallergenic materials
- Reduces motion transfer
It is one of the most comfortable mattresses that comes at an affordable price. If you are looking for a breathable alternative that offers excellent support and bounces, then Purple mattress is the right one for you.
The Purple mattress also offers minimum motion transfer which is another ideal feature for couples. If either one of you and your partner moves a lot during sleep, then this mattress will ensure that the other one doesn’t get disturbed.
- The mattress is made of non-toxic, hypoallergenic materials
- This mattress is comprised of three layers of foam and gel polymer
- It helps to relieve pressures on your joints, bumps, and edges
- The airflow makes it perfectly cool and makes the mattress highly breathable
- It is one of the comfortably priced mattresses available on the market.
- For some people, the mattress might be a bit too soft
7. Brooklyn Bedding – Best for Sleeping Cool
- CertiPUR-US approved
- Edge-to-edge support
- High breathability
- Temperature neutrality
The Brooklyn Aurora mattress is best for the people who want excellent bounce due to its pocketed coils while the edge support system makes it an excellent option both for sleeping and sex.
Its edge support system comes in handy when you are spreading love all over it. The mattress will cope very well even if you move around the edges. It helps in keeping your back aligned during sleep as well.
- This mattress works well for all type of sleepers
- The mattress comes with excellent breathability traits
- You won’t feel hot on this mattress either during sleep or sex
- Due to pocketed coils, it offers good bounce too
- Pocketed coils can’t take much toll on a daily basis
- The medium firmness of this mattress is not productive for side sleepers
Different people have different preferences when it comes to choosing the right mattresses for those erotic moments. Some people feel more excited about the sinking sensation while others go for a bounce. In the end, the choice is yours.
We have provided you with our top 7 mattresses for sex and have discussed there features in brief details. You will feel relaxed and comfortable with your partner if your mattress doesn’t retain heat and is very responsive as well. These are minute details which many people ignore, but you shouldn’t negate them if you want to share some great memories with your beloved.
For suggestions and queries, you can reach out to us by commenting in the section given below.
Have Fun, With Your Loved One!