The sleep sack is much safer for babies who can roll over when compared to the swaddling when Baby Starts Rolling Over.
Researchers at Penn State University found out that more than 90 percent of parents make their babies sleep with loose blankets, allowing stuffed toys in the crib. This is an extremely alarming fact that babies are exposed to an unsafe sleeping environment that could be life-threatening.
Bed-sharing is also a disturbing behavior of parents that might lead to SIDs (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome). According to the (NICHD) National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, SIDS is a major reason for unexplained death in infants who are one month to one year old.
As parents, you want the best for your little bundle of joy. You want to provide them with the most wonderful things in the world.
Making sure that your baby is sleeping in a safe environment is the serious cause of concern for all parents. Sleep Sacks allow you to keep your baby comfortable and safe at night.
They don’t get tangled around the neck or legs of your little angel and serve your purpose of keeping your baby secure and safe throughout the night.
- More than 4000 babies in the US die of SIDs (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome) every year.
- Sudden Infant Death Syndrome usually occurs due to sudden suffocation in bed.
- More than 800 US hospital use sleep sacks to promote sleep safety for babies.
|HALO Sleepsack||100% cotton||Front ZIp|
|SwaddleMe||100% cotton||Two-way zipper|
|Nested Bean Zen Sack Classic||100% microfiber||No Zip|
|Where The Polka Dots Roam||97% cotton 3% spandex||Two-way zipper|
What is a Sleep Sack?
The sleep sack is a wearable blanket for your baby to keep him safe and comfortable at night. It is a bag-like garment that is thoughtfully designed to prevent SIDs.
It’s an amazing replacement to the loose blanket that keeps your baby warm and does not interfere with his breathing.
Factors to Consider While Buying a Sleeping Sack
You want your baby to stay warm and cozy while sleeping at night. Mind the fabric of the sleep sack to make sure your baby is at ease and comfort. Choose the sleep sack that is made from the soft and light material.
100 % cotton sleep sacks are the best choice for your little bundle of joy to make sure your child sleeps peacefully at night. It is an amazing fabric that keeps your baby cool and prevents him from sweating at night.
Your little angel has sensitive skin. You don’t want to choose the fabric that is harsh and irritable to his skin.
TOG is a unit of measurement that determines the thickness of the sleep sack. It is the weight of the wearable blanket that shows how warm it keeps your baby to sleep comfortably at night.
Generally, sleep sacks with 2.5 TOG are ideal for use all year round. Sacks with 1.0 Tog are slightly padded. They keep your little angel cool in summers and prevent him from sweating.
Sleeping sacks with 3.5 TOG are suitable in winters. They are warmly padded and give a peaceful night of sleep to your baby.
Ease of Access
Sleep sacks are easy to use. Your little angel might need to change his diaper frequently at night.
A wearable blanket makes it easier for you to do the diaper-changing quickly without waking up your baby. There are some sleep sacks that come with an open bottom. You can easily take off the diaper of your baby and change it in a minute.
Moreover, some sleep sacks come with convenient zippers. Some parents might prefer an open bottom over a zipper. Make sure that you choose the sleep sack that is easy for you to use.
There are some sleep sacks available that are unique and versatile. They grow as your little bundle of joy grows. You can change the length of the sack according to your baby’s height. Moreover, there are some wearable blankets that come with a weighted front. Infants find such sacks more convenient and soothing. They sleep quickly without any interruption.
The length of the sleeves of the sleep sack is an important feature to consider. Most sleep sacks come with long sleeves or without sleeves.
If you want your baby to stay warm and cozy, you can choose a sleep sack with long sleeves. A sleeveless wearable blanket is a perfect choice for you if you are concerned about keeping your baby cool at night.
Advantages of Using Sleep Sacks
- Sleep sacks improve the sleep safety of your baby.
- They prevent your little bundle of joy from getting cold at night.
- Toddlers and little angels find them easy and convenient to have a restful sleep at night.
- You won’t have to wrestle with your baby to put him to sleep.
- They won’t be able to kick off these wearable blankets easily. Your toddler would be able to prevent their foot from getting stuck in the bars of the cot.
- The sleep sacks encourage faster growth in babies.
- They are able to sleep for long periods that allow them to grow rapidly.
You may be love to read more about The Top 5 Best Mattresses for a Pregnant Woman.
1. HALO Sleepsack – Best Sleep sacks for babies
- “Back is best“ embroidery design
- Sleeveless Design
- 100% Cotton Fabric.
- Tog 1.0
- Front Zipper.
- Machine Washable.
- Safe and Secure
- Encourages comfortable sleep.
Halo is a pioneer company that manufactures comfortable sleep sacks for babies. It is a popular brand that produces high-quality, comfortable and warm sleep sack that is perfect for your little one.
The sleep sack is made from 100 percent cotton fabric that is pure and breathable. The cotton material gives comfort and temperature control to your little angel. He is able to sleep cool all night long.
Furthermore, this wearable blanket comes with a zipper. You are able to open it with ease and change the diaper of your little one at night without much hassle.
In addition, the sleeveless design of the sleep sack keeps your baby cool. It prevents your baby from overheating. However, make sure that you dress your baby in a full sleeve night suit to ensure he does not get cold at night.
- The cotton fabric is skin-friendly. It complements the sensitive skin of your baby.
- It is available in different sizes. You can use the one that is suitable for your baby.
- The front zipper is convenient for you to change the diaper at night.
- The International Hip Dysplasia Institute recognizes the sack healthy for the hip development of your baby.
- The zipper of the sleep sack might cause an issue. You might not be able to open it with convenience.
- They sleep sack does not come with a foot opening to provide your baby the mobility and ease.
Why is this best for your baby?
HALO SleepSack is the number one choice of Hospitals. It keeps your child warm and comfortable while he sleeps peacefully at night. The “back is the best” embroidery design reminds you to make your baby sleep on his back.
2. SwaddleMe – Best for Newborns
SwaddleMe sleep sack allows your little bundle of joy to have a restful sleep at night. Your baby feels secure and comfortable and sleeps well at night. This wearable blanket keeps him warm and cozy and puts him to sleep quickly.
- Versatile Sleepsack
- Two-way zipper system.
- 97 percent cotton 3 percent spandex
- Easy to use and maintain.
- Suitable for summers.
Moreover, the sleep sack is made from 97 % cotton and 3 % spandex. The sleep sack regulates the temperature of the body of your baby. He is able to sleep comfortably without sweating and feeling hot at night.
In addition, it comes with a simple zip-up design that makes it convenient for you to change the diaper. You can easily open the zip up in the middle of the night and close it after changing the diaper quickly.
- It promotes optimal airflow. You are able to regulate the temperature of your baby’s body.
- It is made from soft and comfortable cotton and spandex.
- It is safe for your little bundle of joy to sleep for hours.
- It is not suitable for colder months.
Why is this best for your newborn?
This is the best choice for your newborn because it is a flexible sleep sack. You can even use it as a swaddle without making your baby uncomfortable.
Want to learn more? Check out The Best Mattress for Kids.
3. Baby Sleep Bag from Nested Bean – Best for Toddlers
Baby Sleep Bag from Nested Bean is a lightweight cotton sleep sack that is suitable for infants and toddlers. It is gentle to your baby skin and prevents it from being itchy and scratchy.
- Toxin-free and Hip Healthy
- Promotes optimal sleep
- The slightly weighted pad at the front.
- Adjustable Shoulder tabs.
- Two-way zipper system.
- All year comfort and ease.
- Tog 0.5
- Made from 100 percent cotton.
This wearable blanket is made from pure and 100 percent cotton. It gives a year-round comfort to your baby. He sleeps with comfort at night while staying safe and secure.
The sleeping bag comes with adjustable shoulder tabs that give a better and comfortable fit for your little angel. It grows with your baby. You can change the length of the sack according to his height.
Baby Sleep Bag from Nested Bean makes diaper duty a breeze for you. The two-way zipper system allows you to conveniently open the wearable blanket and slip off your baby’s diaper
In addition, the wearable blanket comes with additional padding that gives a soothing feeling to your baby. It mimics the touch of your hand and your little angel feels that he has your arm on his chest.
- The wearable blanket is made from 100 percent cotton that is good for the skin of your baby.
- The sleep sack comes with two zipper system that makes the diaper changing duty easy.
- The sleep sack is made from toxic-free materials that make it safe for the health of your baby.
- Parents sleep better knowing their little bundle of joy is safe and secure.
- It is not durable enough. It might tear off quickly after months of use.
Why is this best for your baby?
Baby Sleep Bag is the right fit for you if you want to buy a sleep sack that works well all year round. Use of cotton makes it soft for the skin and breathable. You don’t have to replace it over and over again.
4. Where The Polka Dots Roam – Best for Adults
If you are out on a vacation, carrying a sleep sack while you travel is the best option to consider. You can easily slip in it to have a comfortable sleep at night wherever you go. You can use this wearable blanket as your personal sleeping sheet.
- Stain Resistant
- Easy to Wash
- Light-weight and breathable.
- Very roomy and spacious.
- Easy to slip in and take off.
- Comes with a pillow pocket.
- Made from microfiber.
- Bed bug resistant.
Moreover, the sleep sack is made from 100 percent microfiber. It is 50 percent more breathable than cotton. You’ll stay cool while sleeping at night. This sleep sack would help you to reduce the risk of sweating in the middle of the night.
The sleep sack comes with a pocket that is roomy and spacious enough for you to keep your pillow. You can have an ultimate sleeping experience at night no matter where you go with this luxurious sleep sack.
In addition, the sleep sack is bed bug resistant. You’ll be amazed by the protection it gives you. You can sleep without a care in the world on this comfortable and secure sleep sack.
- You can take it with you wherever you go and sleep comfortably.
- It is made from 100 percent microfiber that is breathable.
- You can sleep cool at night with the proper airflow.
- It is easy for you to use and maintain.
- It is not long-lasting and durable. You might get disappointed with its quality.
Why is this best for you?
This sleep sack is the best choice for travelers. You don’t have to worry about hygiene and cleanliness while staying in a hotel or camping out with your friends when you have sleepsack in your suitcase with you.
They’ll love the comfort and convenience it provides them no matter where they go.
Find out more about When can You let Your Child sleep on a Pillow?
If you want your little angels to sleep comfortably at night, it is best for you to buy the perfect sleep sack. These wearable blankets come in different sizes and materials.
You can choose one for yourself to keep your baby warm and cozy. If the comfort of your baby is important for you, The sleep sack is the best selection.